Harrow Green is the market leader in commercial relocations in the UK. For over 30 years we have been helping businesses and public sector organisations move their people, equipment and technology (including servers) to new locations or as a part of a re-organisation of their existing premises.
As well as business relocations we provide furniture, IT equipment and consumables recycling services, managed storage for items of any size, project management, international moves and document management solutions including Cloud storage, scanning and secure shredding.
Our environmental programme called Re-Fresh enables us to help customers dispose of no longer needed assets; either through re-sale, generating income for them or through donation to worthwhile causes, such as charities, business start ups and community organisations.
Headquartered in London we have offices throughout the UK. Our customer base is very diverse ranging from large corporates to SMEs and public sector organisations. We often undertake specialist relocation projects for libraries, museums, laboratories and hospitals. No job is too large, too small or too unusual for us.
• BAR Commercial Mover of the Year
• PFM Awards Partners in Business Change
• PFM Partnership Awards – Relocation
• PFM Partnership Awards – Training
• Client Vendor of the Year
• Working Buildings Innovation Award
• East London Chamber of Commerce/Docklands Business Awards - Leadership in Customer Focus
• BS 8522 certification
• 9001 certification
• ISO 14001 certification
• OHSAS 18001 certification.
• Customer Service Excellence (CSE) accreditation
Our proudest achievement is our CSE which means that we have met the Government’s rigorous requirements for excellence in Customer Service.
Latest Blog from Harrow Green
Top Tips for reducing stress during an office relocation
By Nigel Dews, Managing Director, Harrow Green
Whether it’s keeping calm and carrying on, having a stiff upper lip, or putting faith in the restorative powers of tea, us Brits have developed a host of methods for coping with stress.
Small doses of stress can be helpful when it comes to keeping us motivated, and it is often unavoidable. Indeed, we are all likely to experience some level of stress in our everyday lives. Earlier this year, Bupa UK revealed the life milestones that cause the most stress including; the birth of a child, going through a romantic break-up, being made redundant and moving house.
And much like a house move, an office relocation can cause a great deal of stress. Aside from drinking lots of tea, there are a number of steps (nine, in fact) that can be taken to make your office move smoother for all involved.
1. Plan, plan, plan! Prepare your own checklists and timeline but also work closely with your removal company to plan the move.
2. Do as much packing in advance as is realistic and have an archiving strategy in place.
3. Use labels to keep track of what assets and furniture you’re keeping and where it needs to go in the new site.
4. Allocate responsibilities among the team so that everyone is involved and appoint ‘move champions’ to drive change.
5. Communicate with your team before, during and after the move to advise and support them with the change.
6. Ensure IT personnel are on-hand to deal with potential glitches.
7. Make sure refreshments are on hand to keep people happy and hydrated!
8. Remind staff of the positive reasons for the move and focus on the benefits.
9. Once everything is moved, don’t forget to thank everyone for their efforts.
As well as the tips above, choosing a relocation partner that prioritises causing minimal disruption to your staff’s working day is fundamental.